I was asked on The Fashion Hive’s Face book fan page what are the current spring sandal trends that mom’s on the go can also wear. I guess it all depends on which mom we are speaking about:)
For Victoria Beckham for instance I would have selected different pairs:)
But for of the majority of moms, well I read between the lines. Being comfortable and most importantly being able to run after the “little one” oh let’s say if they ran away from you! So while sticking to the current trends I also kept in mind functionality.
SO WHAT’S HOT FOR SPRING AND PRACTICAL?
- Ballet flats (with or without a cap toe, but cap toe is big right now) *ballet shoes are always a classic to have so if you wanted to spend a little more that would justify it:) This will instantly add a little chicness to your outfit.
- Two strap sandals– functionality while looking a little sexy. This can be worn with virtually anything from shorts to maxi dresses, e.t.c, really limitless and also like the ballet flats will always be in “style”.
- Navy style– Inspired by the ‘Navy” theme. This is a “trendy” item and this is where I suggest maybe not spending so much if you are on a budget.
- Bows – Bows have been everywhere so I’m not surprised to see it make its ways to spring like the “cap toe”. When you think of bows you normally associate it with young girls, but done right can look Chic!
- Pastels – Pastels are huge right now and in my previous post “Spring Bloom Street Style” I showed how you can wear a pair of pastel colors without drowning in the trend. This is a “trendy” look right now so again don’t spend as much because you don’t know if you will be rocking them next year.
- Patterns/Prints/Color block – Watch out how you add this to your outfit. It can go all bad really quickly. Stick to neutrals and solid colors to pair it with if you want it to come off low key.
- Boat shoes – great to wear with Capri’s or rolled up trousers.
- T-sandals – I included these because they never go out of style and they are also an option. True classic and you will never go wrong with these.
- Converse – and if all else fails I have also included a pair of converse. These are so versatile, classic, and go a long way and can be worn on most seasons.